Xunantunich Maya Temple and Big Rock Falls combo
This combination tour consists of a morning tour of Xunantunich Maya Temple which is located 20 minutes driving distance from San Ignacio Town in the Maya Village of San Jose Succotz. To get to the site one must cross the Mopan River by a hand cranked ferry, which then gives us access to the one mile ascent into one of Belize’s most popular sites. Here you will enjoy sightings of pristine jungle surroundings, howler monkeys, spider monkeys, birds and iguanas. After lunch we head to Big Rock Water Falls located in the Mt. Pine Ridge Forest Reserve for swimming and site seeing.
This combo tour begins at 8:30am and concludes around 4:30pm.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Xunantunich
- Entry/Admission - Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve
- Entry/Admission - Big Rock Falls
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickups will begin at 7:30am. Free hotel pickup for hotels located within town limits. Additional charges may apply for pickups at hotels that are out of town. Tours leaves San Ignacio Town at 8:30am.
This combination tour includes a visit to a Maya Temple and a swimming/site seeing at Big Rock Falls. Our knowledgeable and friendly Belizean driver/guide will drive you to the beautiful village of San Jose Succotz. Here you will cross the Mopan River on a hand cranked ferry. XUNANTUNICH, pronounced shoo-nan-tu-nich means “Maiden of the Rock”. It gets its name from a legendary folktale about the ghost of a woman who as locals have it inhabited the sacred grounds as far back as the late 1800’s.
A classic period (300 – 900AD) ceremonial center located just a stone’s throw away from San Ignacio makes this one of the most accessible Maya Temples in the area. Xunantunich boasts Belize’s second largest Maya structures named El Castillo (the castle) standing 130 feet and offering an astonishing panoramic view of the Maya Mountains.
Here you will find yourself immersed in pristine jungle surroundings, home of howler monkeys, spider monkeys, birds and iguanas. While exploring along with your guide, you will learn about the history of this site and the Maya civilization that once inhabited it.
After lunch, there is a a forty-five minute scenic drive to the breathtaking Big Rock Waterfalls in the Mt. Pine Ridge Forest Reserve.
This combination tour is slow paced, educational, and fun for all ages.
Things to bring along: Cool, Comfortable Clothing, Hiking / Tennis Shoes, Camera, Bug Spray, Sun Block Lotion, Swimwear.
Inclusive of: Transportation, park fees, equipment, professional guide, purified water, sodas and lunch
Departure Point :San Ignacio Area
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Return to Hotels in San Ignacio Area
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 (two) people per booking is required
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or the option to do a different tour (surcharges may apply)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.