Xunantunich Riding tour
A great way to tour the countryside, away from the crowds while enjoying a ride on well-trained Appaloosa horses and Quarter horses in the company of local professional guides.Ride at a gentle pace on ancient Maya land, open savannah, riverside & jungle trails where you may encounter exotic wildlife and enjoy the beautiful scenery along part of the Mopan River to the Majestic Xunantunich Maya site.
Let this Maya site ignite your imagination of who built these impressive stone structures, and why, explore ancient pathways like royalty and enjoy the hard work of this ancient civilization who built these structure but tilled the countryside. After an hour tour of the site, you will be more than happy for your ride back to St Leonard's Stable. (RECOMMENDED for experienced riders or riders with some outdoor riding experience)
Horses & Maya site, the perfect PRIVATE tour of the countryside.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- bottle water, light snack & entrance fee to Xunantunich
- Local, professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in San Ignacio
What's excluded :
- pickups & drop offs OUTSIDE San Ignacio Town
- pickups OUTSIDE San Ignacio Town must be arranged with local provider prior to tour date.
Your guide will meet you at your Gold Standard hotel in San Ignacio Town, then drive to St Leonard's Stable for your riding tour: ride on ancient mayan land with mayan sites, open savannah, jungle & riverside trails along part of the Mopan River.
You will then join your guide in comfortable air conditioned vehicle for your short drive to the impressive Xunantunich maya site where you will explore this site for approx 2 hrs. Enjoy climbing maya structures where you may enjoy panoramic view of the countryside and take a peep at our neighbouring country (tour: approx 4hrs) WEIGHT LIMIT 245 lbs per rider. (PRIVATE TOUR December/20 - Feb/21) Riding pace to fit all riders.
• Xunantunich, Belize
• St Leonard's Tours, San Lorenzo Farm, Mle 71 George Price Highway Cayo District, San Ignacio 501 Belize
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
morning ride: 7:30am PICKUP afternoon ride: 12:30noon pickup time. Give us name of your GOLD STANDARD hotel/resort and we'll let you know if its OUTSIDE of San Ignacio town) Additional fees for pickup & drop off to hotels/resorts outside of San Ignacio town. NO PICKUPS available for hotels/resorts in BELIZE CITY, Ambergris Caye, Caye Caulker, Hopkins, Placencia. Guests are advised to spend an overnight in San Ignacio Town or use own transport or shuttle. TOUR NOT AVAILABLE to cruise ship passengers due to duration of tour and driving distance to & from cruise ship terminals
Departure Time :1:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- min of 2 people; MAX of 4 pax; WEIGHT LIMIT 245 lbs per rider
- ATTIRE recommended: Any long pants, comfortable closed toes footwear
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended (NO FLIP FLOPs)
- Please note that departure times and locations may vary slightly
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- All St Leonard's Tours will be PRIVATE until further notice. This means ONLY members of one party (family/friends) for any given tour/vehicle. Guides are compensated on a daily basis
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.