Yangon Art And Antiques Full Day tour
Visit at least three art galleries including: River Gallery, Lokanat Gallery and Besides so many beautiful ancient temples and pagodas, Yangon also attracts travelers for its stunning art and antiques. Are you curious about them? Do not hesitate to join full day tour of Yangon art and antiques.
What You'll Do
• Wander through the House of Memories Restaurant looking at the historic remnants on display
• Savor stunningly delicious traditional Burmese meal.
• Pansodan Arts
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All transfers private ground transportation with Aircon
- Lunch at House Of Memories
- Local English Speaking Station Guide
- Purified water 0.5 ml (2) bottle & (2) wet towels on sightseeing day only
What's excluded :
- Any private transportation
- End of trip gratitude for driver, boatmen, hotels, restaurants, and local guide
- This morning you will be picked up at your hotel for a full day of exploring Yangon's art and antiques scene.
You will begin your tour in the area of Yangon known as 'Golden Valley' at New Treasure Gallery. Min Wai Aung, a Burmese artist famous for his paintings of monks established this art gallery. After that, you will pay a visit to two antiques shops, Madame Thair and Augustine's, both of which are filled with curious and some real hidden gems from several periods of Myanmar's history. You will surely be entertained with the exuberant charm of Madame Thair and 'everything is for sale' pitch. Next, you will keep on moving to Dhamazedi Road where there is a row of small shop houses packed full of antiques. You can also find many treasures from the colonial era and before hidden among the dusty shelves.
Next, will have time for lunch at House of Memories Restaurant, an ancient colonial style mansion set in a lovely garden. This building, which was once used as the BIA (Burma Independence Army) and BDA (Burma Defense Army) Head Quarters, is now full of memories of the people who embarked on the long way toward gaining independence for Myanmar. While wandering through the house, you can have a look at the historic remnants on display consisting of a room named after General Aung San, which was once his office and now still preserves his typewriter and desk.
In the afternoon, you will head downtown to visit at least three awesome art galleries. (Depending on client's personal interests, current exhibits and opening hours, itinerary may vary).
The River Gallery, which is situated adjacent to The Strand Hotel and runs for the aim of bringing Myanmar art to a wider audience, is your starting point. Visiting River Gallery, tourists can enjoy the city's widest range of contemporary art, representing more than 30 artists at any given time. Then, you will head for Lokanat Gallery, a non-profit gallery featuring a small collection of rotating exhibits as well as traditional works of nowadays Burmese artists.
Afterwards, you will continue to Pansodan Arts, where you can view works of art covering traditional period up to modern, abstract styles. The knowledgeable curator will show you upstairs to the store room where hundreds of paintings are tucked away, including classic line drawings and photographs, war-time propaganda, neo-classical works created as European influences began to reach Myanmar. Before leaving downtown, you will have time to visit the newest addition to Yangon's arts scene, Sule Eain, the loft-style space situated adjacent to Sule Paya featuring rotating exhibitions of contemporary painters.
Finally, it is high time to transfer back to your hotel.
(Note: Art galleries will be selected based on opening hours and current exhibits)
Departure Point :Hotels in Yangon city
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Hotels in Yangon city
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.