Yangon by Circular Train: Life Along the Loop
Travel beyond the Yangon city center as you ride the rails with an informative local guide! Aboard the circular train, a commuter rail network that loops around the entire metropolitan area, you’ll discover suburban neighborhoods and satellite towns rarely seen by tourists. Experience colorful markets, fascinating shops and spiritual sites along the 39-station route, including the Largest Cathedral in Myanmar. Numbers are limited to 12 people, ensuring an intimate experience with a small group.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Train fare
- Lunch with tea or coffee
- Entrance fee of St.Mary Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Yangon Circular Train
- Entry/Admission - St.Mary Cathedral
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yangon Circular Train, Central Station, Yangon (Rangoon) Myanmar
Circular train ride - total 2.5 hour - Ride the rails with a local guide on this Yangon tour which takes you out of the city centre, into neighbourhoods not often seen by tourists.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Da Nyin Gone Market, Khayae Pin Road, Yangon (Rangoon) Myanmar
Wandering through the stalls, meeting vendors, and observing the local way of life in Yangon. You’ll learn about the commodities that are basic necessities for life here, and perhaps grab a coffee or tea from one of the local shops.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: St.Mary Cathedral, Archbishop's House, 289 Thein Phyu Rd, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Visiting St. Mary’s Cathedral to see how it differs from the other churches in the city.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Independence Monument, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Yangon Central Railway Station, Kun Chan Rd, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Dress in Myanmar is conservative, so lightweight, long-sleeved clothing is appropriate. Skirts, dresses, and shorts should be knee-length or lower. Wear comfortable walking shoes and check the weather before you leave
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat and a raincoat if necessary
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.