Yangon by Night: Burmese Market Tour
Experience downtown Yangon as the locals do on a 2.5-hour walking tour of the night markets. Shop, browse, eat and revel in the ambiance of this vibrant city as a guide leads you through the main market district, a tangle of small lanes where few visitors go. Check out an array of boutiques and street vendors selling all kinds of products, stop for tea or a cold drink, and then end the evening at an outdoor food market where you can sample snacks and beer.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Snacks from the street market
- One beer
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Make your way to the meeting point in central Yangon to join your guide for your evening walking tour, which covers a little more than 1 mile (2 km) with plenty of stops for snacks, shopping and photo ops.
Start by strolling down bustling Shwe Bontha Street, where people sell secondhand goods such as electronics, gold jewelry, eyeglasses, books, clothing and more. Enjoy a moment of respite from the market as you check out a Buddhist temple and a Hindu temple on the way to Chinatown, and then stop for a refreshing drink — perhaps green tea at a local tea shop or fresh sugarcane juice from a roadside stall.
Nearby, enjoy great photo ops at a temple decorated with mythological scenes, and then continue cruising through narrow alleys full of boutiques and antique shops; if anything catches your eye, your guide can help you to bargain like a local. Next up, hit a roadside market on 19th Street where stalls are piled with fruit, vegetables, fresh seafood and local delicacies. Vendors work their magic cooking tasty nibbles on charcoal grills, resulting in all sorts of meats, veggies and marinades to sample. This is the hub of Yangon’s street food scene, with lots of outdoor seating and locals eating dinner.
Your guide will choose some favorite snacks and beer to share with you as you wind down your walking tour and hear about Myanmar’s food culture. You'll end on 19th Street, where you can remain on your own, if you wish.
Departure Point :Independence Monument, Maha Bandula Park St, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Tour concludes on 19th Street where there are plenty of taxis; it will take approximately 5 to 10 minutes to get to most central Yangon hotels
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.