Yangon by Night: Burmese Market Tour
Discover Yangon at night on a 2.5-hour walking tour through bustling markets and Chinatown’s atmospheric temples. Get a glimpse of local life as you browse secondhand stalls on Shwe Bontha Street and duck into the neighborhood’s Hindu and Buddhist shrines. Pause for a drink at a sidewalk stand and follow your guide through the narrow lanes of a fresh produce market; practice your haggling skills, sample Burmese cuisine at tiny stalls and end your trip with a cold beer at Yangon’s famed 19th street night market.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Personal Fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Yangon (Rangoon), Yangon (Rangoon), Yangon Region
Make your way to the meeting point in central Yangon to join your guide for your evening walking tour, which covers a little more than 1 mile (2 km) with plenty of stops for snacks, shopping and photo ops. Start by strolling down bustling Shwe Bontha Street, where people sell secondhand goods such as electronics, gold jewelry, eyeglasses, books, clothing and more. Enjoy a moment of respite from the market as you check out a Buddhist temple and a Hindu temple on the way to Chinatown, and then stop for a refreshing drink — perhaps green tea at a local tea shop or fresh sugarcane juice from a roadside stall. Nearby, enjoy great photo ops at a temple decorated with mythological scenes, and then continue cruising through narrow alleys full of boutiques and antique shops; if anything catches your eye, your guide can help you to bargain like a local. Next up, hit a roadside market on 19th Street where stalls are piled with fruit, vegetables, fresh seafood and local delicacies. Vendors work their magic cooking tasty nibbles on charcoal grills, resulting in all sorts of meats, veggies and marinades to sample. This is the hub of Yangon’s street food scene, with lots of outdoor seating and locals eating dinner. Your guide will choose some favorite snacks and beer to share with you as you wind down your walking tour and hear about Myanmar’s food culture. You'll end on 19th Street, where you can remain on your own, if you wish.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.