Yangon Evening Street Food and Market Walking Tour
Winding our way through downtown's historic and diverse neighborhoods we'll drop by some of our favourite food stalls, family owned eateries and a fascinating market. The perfect way to get a complete understanding of Yangon food culture with a knowledgeable guide!
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- We begin our exploration into Yangon's evening street food scene at the picturesque Mahabandoola Park. Winding our way through the side alleys of downtown's historic and ethnically rich neighborhoods including Little India and China Town, we'll drop by some of our favourite stalls and family owned eateries. Introducing you to a fascinating produce market far from the tourist route, we'll finish up at our favourite 19th St BBQ joint where fish and cold beer perfectly compliment the people watching opportunities.
SOME TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
Discover the best combination for the all-day delicacy, Mohinga, topped with gourd tempura at our favourite neighbourhood spot
Illuminated by candles and make shift lighting we'll pass through a very atmospheric street market selling all manner of food produce not on any tourist route radar
The Indian neighbourhood has a lot of tasty eats but the funky yoghurt faloodah drink is one of the most visually impressive
Chinatown used to be famous for its opium dens but nowadays BBQ fresh water fish accompanied by Myanmar beer is the new craze
The Shan people of Eastern Myanmar make a specific delicious sticky rice noodle dish loaded with chicken or pork in a rich tomato sauce topped with smashed peanuts and herbs but you've got to get the mix right
No other country makes cute little dishes of salad that pack a punch like Myanmar. Pickled tea leaf lapettho covered in crunchy beans and seeds with local peanut oil has anti-oxidants and gives you a little caffeine buzz
Sometimes side by side you'll pass ancient Buddhist pagodas, churches, mosques, Hindu temples and Chinese Buddhist temples reflecting the diversity of Yangon's population and culinary heritage
No one's forcing you but the deep fried bugs are the perfect beer snack and rich in protein
10+ Dishes or Snacks
Price includes all the food (lots of it!), English speaking guide, drinking water.
Departure Point :Maha Bandula Park Street, Maha Bandula Park St, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, approximately 2.5km
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Bring an umbrella during rainy season June-September
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.