Yangon Evening Street Food and Market Walking Tour
Experience Yangon's food culture on an evening walking tour of street food venues and markets. With a guide, explore the neighborhoods of downtown Yangon, including Chinatown and Little India, stopping by food stalls and family-owned eateries for a variety of tastings. Learn about the history of each dish from your guide while you eat.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Personal Fees and Tip
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Yangon (Rangoon), Yangon (Rangoon), Yangon Region
We begin our exploration into Yangon's evening street food scene at the picturesque Mahabandoola Park. Winding our way through the side alleys of downtown's historic and ethnically rich neighborhoods including Little India and China Town, we'll drop by some of our favourite stalls and family owned eateries. Introducing you to a fascinating produce market far from the tourist route, we'll finish up at our favourite 19th St BBQ joint where fish and cold beer perfectly compliment the people watching opportunities.
SOME TOUR HIGHLIGHTS • Discover the best combination for the all-day delicacy, Mohinga, topped with gourd tempura at our favourite neighbourhood spot • Illuminated by candles and make shift lighting we'll pass through a very atmospheric street market selling all manner of food produce not on any tourist route radar • The Indian neighbourhood has a lot of tasty eats but the funky yoghurt faloodah drink is one of the most visually impressive • Chinatown used to be famous for its opium dens but nowadays BBQ fresh water fish accompanied by Myanmar beer is the new craze • The Shan people of Eastern Myanmar make a specific delicious sticky rice noodle dish loaded with chicken or pork in a rich tomato sauce topped with smashed peanuts and herbs but you've got to get the mix right • No other country makes cute little dishes of salad that pack a punch like Myanmar. Pickled tea leaf lapettho covered in crunchy beans and seeds with local peanut oil has anti-oxidants and gives you a little caffeine buzz • Sometimes side by side you'll pass ancient Buddhist pagodas, churches, mosques, Hindu temples and Chinese Buddhist temples reflecting the diversity of Yangon's population and culinary heritage
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.