Yangon’s Essentials and the Circular Train
The local wow factor is packed in to perfection in this full day venture through, around and in Yangon. Taking centre stage, alongside seeing the city’s landmarks, is the circular train, taking customers around and through the former capital of Myanmar.
• Visit inspirational sites of immense importance
• Witness the Yangon skyline on board the circular train
• Take in the magnificence of the Shwedagon Pagoda
• Get a taste of an authentic view of city life in Myanmar
• Enjoy a local lunch at a Burmese restaurant
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- Train ticket for the Yangon circular train
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
- Entry/Admission - Sule Pagoda
- Entry/Admission - Chauk Htat Kyi Pagoda
- Entry/Admission - Shwedagon Pagoda
What's excluded :
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Supplements for transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sule Pagoda, Maha Bandoola Rd, Yangon (Rangoon) Myanmar
An early start from your hotel with a warm welcome from your guide for the day. We begin the morning at the Sule Pagoda, taking a prime position at one of the city’s busiest roundabouts. A relatively smaller pagoda compared to its much bigger brother, the Shwedagon, it takes up an important spot for the Burmese because it is said that the pagoda itself contains a hair relic of the Lord Buddha.
Within walking distance, you will see lots of colonial buildings, including City Hall and the Supreme Court Building as the more outstanding examples.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Chauk Htat Kyi Pagoda, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Onward to the Chauk Htat Gyi temple with its massive reclining Buddha statue, where one can expect a steady flow of Burmese devotees making merit and bring offerings.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Yangoods Bogyoke Market, Bogyoke Street No 89, Front Wing, Yangon (Rangoon) 111111 Myanmar
The impressive Karaweik Hall is seen from the outside along the Kandawgyi Lake before stopping at the famous Bogyoke (or Scott’s) Market for trinket and souvenir shopping (closed on Mondays and public holidays).
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Yangon Central Railway Station, Kun Chan Rd, Yangon (Rangoon) 11222 Myanmar
After lunch at a local restaurant, we’re embarking on the famous Yangon Circular Train for a 3-hour experience of authenticity. The train ride brings together a different view of Yangon alongside being truly among its residents. This very local experience can be shorted, depending on the preference of the customer.
Stop At: Shwedagon Pagoda, Yangon (Rangoon) Myanmar
Where else than to end the day at the mighty Shwedagon Pagoda, the holiest and most revered pagoda in the country – wherever one may be in Yangon, in the busy town centre, the golden form of the Shwedagon will be seen on the skyline rising above the foliage of the tropical trees. The sheer size of the compound, the 90+ meter gilded sphere and the various corners for praying and paying respect certainly make up for a perfect ending of a perfect day.
Depending on traffic, we expect to reach your hotel at around 6 pm.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Yangon's central business district. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Yangon’s central business district. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside the Central Business District, cruise ports and Yangon’s International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Yangon’s Bogyoke (or Scott’s Market) is closed on Mondays and on public holidays; alternative sightseeing may be offered when travelling on these days through the city.
- Yangon’s circular commuter trains are very basic forms of transportation, often are crowded and may not always run according to schedule. No seat reservations are possible on board.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- During this tour, we will enter religious sites where a dress code may be applicable. Please dress respectfully by wearing clothing that cover the knees and shoulders, avoid wearing clothing with bright, fluorescent colours of any kind, obscene prints or pictures, beach wear or strapless sandals / flip flops. Failure to comply may result in denying access into these sites.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.