Yangon’s Foundations Explored
A leisurely stride with ample time to watch, hear, and witness Yangon from times gone by are encapsulated in this half day walking tour. From Shwedagon magnificence to districts brimming with life, a foot path through colonial Burmese history awaits.
• Follow in the footstep of Yangon’s colonial history
• Be amazed about the golden magnificence of the Shwedagon
• Meander through the streets and alleys of Little India
• Watch how local life unfolds by taking well-chosen paths
• Witness commerce on a local level at Bogyoke Market
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A half day tour with a professional English-speaking guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Entry/Admission - Sule Pagoda
- Entry/Admission - Shwedagon Pagoda
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Single supplement charges for single travellers, where applicable
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sule Pagoda, Maha Bandoola Rd, Yangon (Rangoon) Myanmar
We will pick you up from your hotel in Yangon: our guide and driver will be around 8 am in your hotel lobby. Our first stop of this morning tour is the Sule Pagoda, dating back over 2,000 years, surrounded by government buildings.
Throughout the day, Sule Paya is busy with local pilgrims and monks who come to pray and pay their respects to the Buddha relic placed here by descendants of historic, distinguished leaders.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Yangon City Hall, Mahabandoola Road, Yangon (Rangoon) Myanmar
From there you can see the city Hall, the High Court as well as the Independence monument situated in Mahabandoola Park with its victory monument right in the heart of the park and where all the young generation and families are coming to spend their evening.
Stop At: Bogyoke Aung San Market, Bo Gyoke Rd, Pabedan 11141 Myanmar
Within a short drive from the Pagoda, we will proceed to the Bogyoke Market, or better known as Scott’s Market (closed on Mondays and public holidays). Undoubtedly offering the largest selection of handicrafts in Myanmar, the market is a great place to discover a bargain and have fun haggling with the local traders.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Kandawgyi Lake, Kan Yeik Tha road, Sittwe Myanmar
Surrounded by a lush park, the calm surface of Kandawgyi Royal Lake remains one of the main spots for relaxation and activities for residents.
Stop At: Shwedagon Pagoda, Yangon (Rangoon) Myanmar
After a photo stop at the Karaweik Hall (a replica of a traditional Burmese Royal Boat) on Kandawgyi Royal Lake, you will complete your Yangon Impressions with an extended visit to one of the world’s most spectacular monuments, the sacred Shwedagon Pagoda. Towering almost 98 meters above the green cityscape of Yangon, it is one of the wonders of the religious world. It is believed to have been built more than 2500 years ago and is a testament to the faith of the Burmese nation. This magnificent building is covered with hundreds of gold plates with the top of the Stupa encrusted with 5448 diamonds.
After this half-day through the former capital of Myanmar, your guide and driver will transfer you back to your hotel where you will arrive around 12.30 pm.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Yangon's central business district. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Yangon’s central business district. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside the Central Business District, cruise ports and Yangon’s International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Yangon’s Bogyoke (or Scott’s Market) is closed on Mondays and on public holidays; alternative sightseeing may be offered when travelling on these days through the city.
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Temples uphold a very strict dress code: it is essential that you dress appropriately during this excursion by wearing clothes that cover shoulders and fall below the knees. Customers wearing shirts with obscene and disrespectful prints and pictures and brightly-coloured clothing may be refused entrance.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.