Yarra Valley Wildlife & Wine Day Tour from Melbourne with Healesville Sanctuary
Enjoy a small-group full-day tour that combines native wildlife with wine tasting in Victoria’s internationally acclaimed Yarra Valley wine region. Set out from Melbourne for a visit to Healesville Sanctuary, founded in order to preserve and protect endangered animal species, and spend the morning observing koalas, kangaroos, emus and other iconic native animals.
Early afternoon, travel across to Yering Station Vineyard for a delicious a la carte main course lunch and wine tasting before finishing the day with cheese and wine at the De Bortoli Winery.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Lunch and complimentary glass of wine
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off at select Melbourne hotels
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry to Healesville Sanctuary
- Entry/Admission - Healesville Sanctuary
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Healesville Sanctuary, Badger Creek Road Healsville, Healesville, Victoria 3777 Australia
Home to more than 200 species of Australian native animals and set amidst natural bushland, the Healesville Sanctuary is the ideal place to observe our iconic wildlife up close. An enhancement to the visit is a Kangaroo Encounter where you have the opportunity with a keeper to feed and pat these adorable animals (if the animal allows). A Koala Encounter is also available but there's no touching or feeding involved, just an opportunity to get some amazing up close pictures. An additional fee applies for these encounters (currently AUD$20 per person per animal). Please advise if you wish to book this.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Yering Station, 38 Melba Hwy, Yering, Victoria 3770 Australia
The site of Victoria's first vines in 1838, Yering Station Vineyard is one of the Yarra Valley's few remaining 19th century properties. Enjoy a tasting of their premium estate wines in the historic cellar door before adjourning to their light filled restaurant for a beautiful a la carte main course meal.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: De Bortoli Winery, 58 Pinnacle Lane Dixons Creek, Dixons Creek, Yarra Glen, Victoria 3775 Australia
Set on 450 acres of vineyard clad hills, the visit to the De Bortoli Vineyard is a terrific way to conclude the day. The wine tasting includes their estate and premium wines together with their iconic dessert wine, Noble One. The tasting is enhanced with a pairing of selected cheeses.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Melbourne Town Hall, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
The Langham Hotel, 1 Southgate Ave, Southbank, AustraliaThe Westin Hotel, 205 Collins St, Melbourne, AustraliaSofitel Hotel, 25 Collins St, Melbourne, AustraliaIntercontinental Hotel, 495 Collins St, Melbourne, AustraliaGrand Hyatt Hotel, 123 Collins St, Melbourne, AustraliaPark Hyatt Hotel, 1 Parliament Square, East Melbourne, AustraliaMarriott Hotel, Cnr Exhibition & Lonsdale Sts, Melbourne, AustraliaAdina Apartment Hotel, 189 Queen St, Melbourne, Australia
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Does not include meals for infants
- Must be 18 years old or older to drink
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements when booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels are welcome providing there is someone with the passenger who can help them board and disembark
- Operates rain or shine; please dress appropriately
- Encounters with a kangaroo, koala, wombat or dingo are available at extra cost. Please enquire if interested although places are limited
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.