Yarra Valley Wine and Winery Tour from Melbourne
Discover Victoria’s Yarra Valley wine region on this day trip from Melbourne. With an expert guide to act as your wine tutor, visit four of the area’s best-known wineries: Greenstone Vineyards, Balgownie Estate, Yering Farm and Soumah Yarra Valley. During your series of wine tastings and an included vineyard lunch, you’ll find out why the Yarra Valley is one of Australia's favourite wine regions, loved for its picturesque scenery. Choose from several pickup points in central Melbourne. (Itinerary subject to change without notice)
per adult from
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Transport by air-conditioned mini bus
- Wine tastings at four Yarra Valley wineries
- Lunch at Balgownie Estate or equivalent
- Glass of wine and tea or coffee with lunch
- Entry/Admission - Greenstone Vineyards
- Entry/Admission - Balgownie Estate - Yarra Valley
- Entry/Admission - Eatery & Cellar Door at Balgownie Estate
- Entry/Admission - Yering Farm Wines
- Entry/Admission - Soumah
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Cruise port pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Yarra Valley, Yarra Valley, Victoria
Take in some of Victoria’s best wineries in the stunning region of the Yarra Valley, only one hour from Melbourne.
Stop At: Greenstone Vineyards, 179 Glenview Rd, Yarra Glen, Victoria 3775 Australia
Greenstone is beautifully situated on a single site in the picturesque Yarra Valley, an hour’s drive from Melbourne. The Winery and Cellar Door, which are nestled in to the base of the Christmas Hills, have unparalleled views of the Estate vineyard and Great Dividing ranges. It is here that winemaking operations are carried out, making Greenstone one of the most progressive wineries in the valley.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Balgownie Estate - Yarra Valley, 1309 Melba Hwy, Yarra Glen VIC 3775, Australia
Tucked away just off the Melba Hwy, Balgownie is a real gem. With spectacular views and a great display on the history of winemaking, this place has a lot to offer. The cellar door staff will share some of their great wines with you after which time you can relax and enjoy the view or wander around their facilities.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Eatery & Cellar Door at Balgownie Estate, 1309 Melba Hwy, Yarra Glen VIC 3775, Australia
Tucked away just off the Melba Hwy, Balgownie is a real gem.
With spectacular views and a great display on the history of winemaking, this place has a lot to offer. The cellar door staff will share some of their great wines with you before you move into the stunning restaurant for your delicious 1 course lunch to include a glass of wine and tea or coffee.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Yering Farm Wines, St. Huberts Road, Yering, Victoria Australia
The cellar door which is a converted old hay shed is situated at the top of the hill, overlooking stunning views. This charming rustic cellar door, oozing with character is a fantastic environment to enjoy superb wines made with traditional winemaking techniques. The cellar door proudly showcases antique cooper tools used by pioneer winemakers over a century ago.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Soumah, 18 Hexham Road, Gruyere, Victoria 3770 Australia
The Yarra Valley cool climate focus allows this winery to specialize in wine styles and varieties typical to northern Italy and south eastern France. With awards for Chardonnay and Pinot Noir and a passion for northern Italian varieties, you will be sure to find something pleasing while overlooking the rolling hills of the vineyard and the majestic Warramate Hills.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Yarra Valley, Victoria Australia
Enjoy a day in the Yarra Valley
Departure Point :1: Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens Melbourne, 380 William St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
2: Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, 575 Flinders Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
3: Immigration Museum, 400 Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
4: 210 Lonsdale St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
5: Grand Hyatt Melbourne, 123 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
6: Her Majesty's Theatre, 219 Exhibition St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult; 1 child to every 2 adults
- Minimum age for this tour is 5 years; prior to boarding, a consent form must be signed by the parent or guardian of any child between the ages of 5 and 10 to confirm the child's age
- Minimum age is to drink alcohol is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available daily, for other special dietary needs please advise at booking
- This tour operates with a maximum of 24 passengers, and the maximum number of people per one booking is 8; it cannot be guaranteed that groups larger than 8 will be accommodated on the same vehicle
- Please note: The exact itinerary, venues and timing are subject to change without notice
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Due to health and safety regulations Domaine Chandon is closed to touring groups and will not be included in the itinerary. As soon as this changes it will be included.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are going above and beyond to ensure our customers, winery staff and our own employees are safe and well. When boarding we are collecting all contact details of customers. All our wineries are also adhering to strict social distancing regulations and cleaning procedures.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.