Yellowstone Private Guided Day Hike: The Rugged Seven Mile Hole Trail
Challenge yourself and enjoy the rewards on this trail! We will guide you through one of Yellowstone's most dramatic and breathtaking landscapes as we hike into the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone River!
Includes compass lessons and scientific instruments are available to make the hike interactive.
Accessible for most participants. The trail is challenging and requires a moderate - advanced level of fitness.
Join us for a genuine Yellowstone experience!
per adult from
What's included :
- Bear Spray for participants over the age of 16
- Map and Compass for practice
- Trekking Poles
- Lunch - *Lunches are available if bookings are made 24 hours prior to departure. We cannot guarantee lunch availability for bookings made within 24 hours of departure.
- Your guide has a B.S. in Environmental Science and is a certified Emergency Medical Technician.
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- National Park Entrance fee
The Canyon area contains one of the most rugged and beautiful landscapes in the park. This landscape has gone through intense transformations that beg hikers to explore and learn. Past glaciation, weakening of rock from geothermal activity and erosion by the Yellowstone River all work together to create a one of a kind landscape. This hike includes dramatic vistas, backcountry hot springs and relaxing alongside the mighty Yellowstone River. Your guide has a Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, years of backcountry experience and is a certified Emergency Medical Technician.
This is a lightly trafficked trail so it is a great escape from the crowds if you and your group are up for a challenge! As the only trail to reach the bottom of the Grand Canyon, participants will enjoy unique views that are desired by many and seen by few.
Relaxing inside the yellow walls of the canyon next to the Yellowstone River will create memories you'll never forget!
2000’ Elevation Gain
Challenging Difficulty - Suitable for moderately active individuals
5 - 7 Hours car to car
• Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup is available for Bozeman, Big Sky, West Yellowstone, Gardiner, Livingston, Belgrade, Paradise Valley and most areas inside Yellowstone. Pickup is not available from Jackson. Pick up time dependent on your lodging location. You will be contacted by your guide to go over rendezvous details!
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 5/29/2021 - 10/15/2021
Monday - Sunday: 06:30 AM - 08:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for children under the age of 8
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.