Yellowstone Private Guided Day Hike: Wildlife in Lamar Valley
Are you ready to spend the day among North America's largest animals? If so, join us on this hike to potentially see bison, wolves, bears, elk, pronghorn, moose and more!
Includes compass lessons and scientific instruments are available to make the hike interactive.
Accessible for almost everyone. The trail is mellow and can be made shorter upon request.
Join us for a genuine Yellowstone experience!
per adult from
What's included :
- Bear Spray for participants over the age of 16
- Map and Compass for practice
- Trekking Poles
- Lunch - *Lunches are available if bookings are made 24 hours prior to departure. We cannot guarantee lunch availability for bookings made within 24 hours of departure.
- Your guide has a B.S. in Environmental Science and is a certified Emergency Medical Technician.
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- National Park Entrance fee
This hike is about wildlife and amazing natural phenomenon.
As the #1 place in North America for viewing large animals, Lamar Valley of Yellowstone does not disappoint. With a large population of bears and wolves, plentiful populations of elk, deer, pronghorn, and coyotes as well as the ubiquitous North American Bison, this hike is your best chance to get up close and personal (but ALWAYS at a legal distance) to the megafauna that call this ecosystem home. There is even a hydrothermal basin to remind us we are on top of a super volcano!
Guides will provide many interesting facts about the ecosystem these animals call home as we meander through the huge valley. The trail is mostly flat and provides great access for viewing huge animals in their natural habitat! We will keep a casual pace and stop often to take pictures and eat snacks!
6.5 -9 Miles
400’ - 800' Elevation Gain
Moderate Difficulty - Suitable for beginners or participants of all activity levels
5 - 7 Hours car to car
• Lamar Valley, Yellowstone National Park, WY
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup is available for Bozeman, Gardiner, Livingston, Belgrade, Paradise Valley and most areas inside Yellowstone. Pickup is not available from Jackson. Pick up time dependent on your lodging location. You will be contacted by your guide to go over rendezvous details!
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 5/29/2021 - 10/15/2021
Monday - Sunday: 06:30 AM - 08:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for children under the age of 6
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.