Yerette Home of the Hummingbird and Caroni Bird Sancturay
Hummingbird enthusiasts will be in awe at this hidden gem in the Maracas Valley. The home of a local couple has been transformed into a magnificent nature sanctuary for these mystifying birds. The haven is named appropriately as Yerette is the Amerindian word for hummingbird.
Against the background of the silk cotton trees, orchids, ferns and shrubs, you will have the opportunity to have a close up experience. Enjoy a tea or meal on the grounds as you watch the dance of the birds. The couple’s photography and art gallery has an abundant collection of their works. We then take you on an amazing trip into the Caroni Swamp. Going through a maze of waterways in a mangrove swamp considered to be the best in the Western Hemisphere, you can get the opportunity to experience species of mammals, reptiles crustacean life, and unique mangrove vegetation and many of the 186 species of bird wildlife present in the Sanctuary. The main attraction is the Scarlet Ibis Two persons per booking required
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entry/Admission - Yerette
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yerette, Valley View Located in Maracas Valley St Joseph, not Maracas Bay., Maracas Bay Trinidad
Yerette is a Hummingbird sanctuary where you see these mystifying birds against the background of the silk cotton trees, orchards, fern and shrubs. The Caroni Swamp is a boat tour that takes into the swamp surrounding by mangrove to see our national bird, the Scarlet Ibis and other swamp life a light lunch will be provided at Yerette Home of the Hummingbird. A minimum of two persons per booking is required we do accommodate one person at an extra cost of 50 percent of the total cost.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Monique Guest House Saddle Road, Maraval Trinidad Alicias Guest House Chancellor Hill Port of Spain Trinidad
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.