York Guide - Everybody Hates a Tourist
If you want to know where all the cool stuff to look at in York is, no fuss, easy, then this App is made for you.
Travel isn't A to B it's all the colourful bits in between, the nooks and crannies, the secrets.
This limited guide puts you in the driving seat, you open our map and see what you want to see ultra easy and with a 48 hour window an absolute bargain.
York Witch - She was hanged alongside two men on Monday 20 March 1809. After her execution, her body was put on public display in Leeds and strips of her skin were tanned into leather and sold as magic charms to ward off evil spirits.
Dick Turpin - Highwayman.
A Plague House - With the ghost of a child peering out the window. (By appointment only)
Alleyways that lead to magical views
If you want an easy, stress free, meander through the city with our map to guide and look too whenever, then you my friend are a true traveler.
“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.” John Lennon.
per adult from
3 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Map and Images of the city.
- 48 hours of uninterrupted content.
What's excluded :
- Smartphone and Headphones are not included.
- Mobile Data and Wifi
- Entry/Admission - Clifford's Tower
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Clifford's Tower, Tower Street, York YO1 9SA England
See where battles were lost and won. Although you might have to pay to get into the tower, the view from the top of the hill is absolutely free!
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Dick Turpin's Grave, 6 Leadmill Lane Corner George Street, York YO1 9QH England
Hear where legend and reality merge
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: River Ouse, York England
Wander ago this great river that bought Romans and Vikings to the city.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: York City Walls, York YO1 7HB England
No trip would be complete without a look at the walls
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: National Railway Museum, Leeman Road, York YO26 4XJ England
Don't miss this train!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Stonegate, York YO1 8AW England
Cobbled streets, small independent shops and a great atmosphere.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: 11 Shambles, York YO1 7LZ England
Shambles (or The Shambles as it is often referred to) is a street in the city centre of York with a long and interesting past. Dating back to Medieval times it was once the street of the butcher shops. Today the Shambles is Europe's most visited street, attracting tourists, shoppers and business clients.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :York Minster, Deangate, York YO1 7HH, UK
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 4/26/2020 - 6/20/2022
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- We advise travellers to wear a mask when indoors or in social environments. This is your tour that you take with the people you choose, so it is as safe as we can possibly make it. All the stop-offs take their own covid precautions.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.