Yorkshire Dales and Fountains Abbey Small-Group Day Trip from York
Explore the backroads and unspoilt countryside of the Yorkshire Dales on this exclusive small-group tour from York. Travelling in an intimate small group of no more than 8 people, you'll see the scenery and drive roads inaccessible to other, larger tour groups. Discover the rolling moors and lush valleys of the Yorkshire Dales and the majestic ruins of UNESCO-listed Fountains Abbey on this 9-hour exclusive small-group tour from York. Along the way, you'll visit Aysgarth Falls, drive Buttertubs Pass, discover the best driving road in the Dales, see Wensleydale cheese being made at the Wensleydale Creamery and enjoy photo stops at Middleham Castle and Bolton Castle.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local, experienced driver/guide
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Pickup and drop-off from centrally located meeting point
What's excluded :
- Food and drink
- Entrace tickets for Fountains Abbey - payable locally directly to the attraction.
- Entry/Admission - Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal Water Garden
- Entry/Admission - Middleham Castle
- Entry/Admission - Bolton Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Knaresborough Castle, Castle Yard, Knaresborough HG5 8AS England
Brief photo stop at the ruins of Knaresborough Castle, with scenic views of the Nidd Gorge.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal Water Garden, Fountains Abbey & Studley Royal Estate Office Abbey Road Near Harrogate, 45 minutes from York and 50 minutes from Leeds, Ripon HG4 3DY England
Opportunity to explore Fountains Abbey, the largest monastic ruin in Europe which is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Middleham Castle, Castle Hill, Middleham DL8 4RJ England
Photo stop at Middleham Castle - the Royal Castle of the Yorkshire Dales.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Wensleydale Creamery, Gayle Lane, Hawes, Yorkshire Dales National Park DL8 3RN England
Late lunchtime stop at the Wenselydale Creamery - chance to sample an amazing array of local cheeses in the free tasting room and purchase lunch at the cafe.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Buttertubs Pass, Muker, Yorkshire Dales National Park DL11 6DR England
Unforgettable scenic drive over the Buttertubs Pass, with stops at the Buttertubs and countless incredible photo opportunities on the single-track lane drive back across from Swaledale.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Aysgarth Falls, Aysgarth, Yorkshire Dales National Park England
Visit the stunning Aysgarth Falls - a location used in the filming of Robin Hood, Price of Thieves. Take photos of the thundering Upper Falls.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Bolton Castle, Nr Leyburn, Leyburn DL8 4ET England
Final photo stop of the tour at Bolton Castle - with amazing views across Wensleydale.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :York YO1 7EF, UK
Departure Time :8:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.