Yosemite National Park High Country Tour
Reaching elevations upwards of 10,000 feet, Tioga Pass is a once-in-a-lifetime drive. Scattered with mountain views, alpine lakes and wildflower-dotted meadows, you'll be happy you left the driving to us.
Gaze out the window and look for bears as you make our way to the Pothole Dome trailhead. Enjoy a short hike overlooking Tuolumne Meadows before heading to Tenaya Lake. Here, you'll enjoy an included box lunch and have the chance to swim in the crystal clear alpine waters of the lake. On the way back to the hotel, we will make another stop at Olmstead Point for a vantage point of Half Dome most people miss.
per adult from
What's included :
- National Park Entrance Fee
- Lunch - Your choice of sandwich (turkey, ham, roast beef or vegetarian) on whole wheat bread with mayo, mustard, tomato, lettuce, pickle, onion. Comes with: potato salad, piece of fruit, & cookie or brownie
- Entry/Admission - Tuolumne Meadows
- Entry/Admission - Tenaya Lake
- Entry/Admission - Pothole Dome
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tuolumne Meadows, East Highway 120, Yosemite National Park, CA 95389
After gaining almost 4,000 feet of elevation and traversing Tioga Road, we will reach Tuolumne Meadows, one of the largest alpine meadows in the Sierra Nevada. With a backdrop of rugged mountain peaks and glacially carved domes, Tuolumne Meadows is one of the most serene areas of Yosemite National Park
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park, CA
Around noon we will stop at sparkling Tenaya Lake to enjoy lunch on the beach. Don't forget your bathing suit! Taking a dip in the refreshing snow-melt is the perfect solution to a hot summer's day.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Olmsted Point Overlook, California, USA
After ample free time swimming and exploring the lake, we will start to make our way back to your hotel. Along the way we will stop at Olmstead Point to take in the views and to see Half Dome from a new perspective.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Pothole Dome, Yosemite National Park, CA
Within Tuolumne Meadows, we will next reach the Pothole Dome trailhead. Here you'll have about 2 hours to hike the relatively easy 2.5 mile roundtrip hike. From the top of the dome, enjoy views of Yosemite's high elevation peaks, Tuolumne Meadow and the Tuolumne River.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Yosemite View Lodge, 11136 CA-140, El Portal, CA 95318, USA
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.