Zaanse Schans, Volendam & Marken: Private tour (Max 4 per) from Amsterdam
Enjoy half a day immersing yourself in the beauty of Dutch countryside filled with windmills and silent canals. Meanwhile, get to see how world famous Dutch cheese is made and get to try them yourself. And, visit a clog factory to discover the secrets of this typical Dutch shoe
- Enjoy a day away from the crowded city of Amsterdam
- Get a private tour to the Dutch country side & villages filled with windmills.
- Visit a wooden show factory
- Witness interiors of one of the windmills & see how it actually functions.
- Visit a local cheese producer where you can learn about Gouda and Edam cheese.
- Walk the charming streets of Marken, a Dutch fishing village.
- Enjoy free time to explore by foot, enjoy some beer or chocolate, or shop for souvenirs.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Snacks - Dutch snacks
- Parking Fees
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Entry ticket to one of the windmills
- Entry/Admission - Zaanse Schans
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zaanse Schans, Schansend 1, 1509 AW Zaandam The Netherlands
After pickup, we will drive to the beautiful country side of the Netherlands and first visit a village filled with Windmills. The windmills in the Netherlands were used for taking water away from the land but also to saw woods and produce pigments. We will visit the interiors of one of the windmills to see how it actually functions.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Volendam, Volendam, North Holland Province
Volendam is a small Fishermans village and visit a local cheese producer where you can learn about Gouda and Edam cheese.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Marken, Marken, North Holland Province
Marken is another small Dutch fishing village, which used to be an island. This former Island got connected to the mainland in 1957, but still breathes the atmosphere of an old Dutch fishing village with its 140 monumental buildings. Here, we will head to a clog factory to discover the secrets of this typical Dutch shoe. After this, we will spend sometime walking through the beautiful monuments of this village before starting to head our way back to the hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Stationsplein, 1012 Amsterdam, Netherlands
Traveler pickup is offered
I can pick up from any hotel around AmsterdamPorts
- Amsterdam cruise terminal
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.