Zadar Walking Tour
The story of the Roman Forum built from the 1st cent. BC to the 3rd cent. AD is undoubtedly one of the city highlights
• Roman Forum
• Sea Organ
• UNESCO-protected City Walls
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Narodni trg u Zadru, Main Square, Zadar 23000 Croatia
Narodni trg u Zadru, Zadar, Croatia
Pass By: Cathedral of St. Anastasia, Trg Svete Stošije, 23000, Zadar, Croatia
Katedrala sv. Stošije, Trg Svete Stošije, Zadar, Croatia
Pass By: Church of St. Donat, Trg Sv. Stoshije 4 Trg Rimskog Foruma - Zeleni trg, Zadar 23000 Croatia
The main city square during the Roman times eventually became the place where numerous important bulidings were erected – the Church of St. Donatus, the Cathedral of St. Anastasia and its belltower, the Archbishop's Palace. The Church of St. Donatus is the true symbol of this city and certainly the best-known building in Zadar. After crossing the Forum and passing by the so-called Pillar of Shame, the tour continues with the visit of the Zadar Cathedral which happens to be the largest cathedral in Dalmatia. Bulit in the course of the 12th and 13th cent., it represents a beautiful example of the Romanesque church. The main longitudinal street of the city known as Kalelarga will lead you to the People's Square, the present-day main city square and the centre of urban life since it very beginnings, enriched with two gems of the late Renaissance style – the City Loggia and the City Guardhouse. Passing by the Rector's Palace and the Church of St. Simeon, you will reach the most picturesque part of the city – the Five Wells Square with the Captain's Tower and the medieval city wall as well as the city walls built in the 16th cent. later turned into the first public park in Dalmatia.
Pass By: Zadar Land City Gates, Ul. Ante Kuzmanica incrocio Obala Petra Krešimira IV e Ul. Ante Kuzmanića, Zadar 23000 Croatia
Starting at the very tip of the waterfront, this tour begins with the story of two famous urban installation – The Sea Organ and The Greeting to the Sun. Soon after their contruction, both of them became unique, recognizable and renowned city attractions. Walking along the waterfront gives you a chance to enjoy the wonderful view of the Zadar channel and the nearby islands. The story of the Roman Forum built from the 1st cent. BC to the 3rd century AD is undoubtedly one of the city highlights. The main city square during the Roman times eventually became the place where numerous important bulidings were erected – the Church of St. Donatus, the Cathedral of St. Anastasia and its belltower, the Archbishop's Palace.
Departure Point :Istarska obala, 23000, Zadar, Croatia
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Trg pet bunara, 23000, Zadar, Croatia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- In Zadar guests will have to walk approximately 500 meters over cobblestone and flat terrain, and take up to 50 steps.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Face masks required for travelers during transport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.