Zagora Desert Night Excursion from Marrakech
This tour of the Desert of Zagora is a feast for the senses. Film kasbahs discover the beauty of the largest valley in Morocco, precious and semi-arid plains numerous Berber villages.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Overnight accommodation
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Fuel surcharge
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel drop-off
Day 1: Ait Ben Haddou - Draâ Valley - Zagora
Stop At: Tizi n Tichka, Imlil Village, Ouarzazate 45000 Morocco
On the way we pass through the Tizi-N-Tichka mountain pass, a road which crosses the High Atlas 2260 metres up, and from where various Berber villages can be seen.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ait Ben Haddou, Ait Ben Haddou, Souss-Massa
Ait Ben Hadu is a "fortified city" or ksar. It is located in the Uarzazat province, in the Draa-Tafilalet region of Morocco. It runs along the Ounila River. Most of the city dwellers live in the new village across the river, however some families still live within the ksar.
Ait Ben Hadu is a World Heritage Site declared by Unesco in 1987 and several famous films and series have been made in the place (in fact one of its monumental doors is not original, as it was built for the filming of the film The Jewel of the Nile):
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Draa Valley, Zagora 45600 Morocco
rossing the Anti Atlas and seeing the Berber village of Agdez, the Draâ Valley and its palm grove, the last sign of vegetation before entering the desert.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Zagora, Zagora, Souss-Massa
The tour arrives in Zagora with enough time to ride a camel and enjoy the desert sunset, and having eaten a traditional dinner we spend the night in an authentic Berber tent.
Duration: 12 hours
Accommodation included: Temp in the desert
Day 2: Zagora - Draâ Valley - Ouarzazate- Marrakech
Stop At: Zagora, Zagora, Souss-Massa
Waking up early on day 2 to enjoy an unmissable sight: daybreak in the desert. After the sun has risen, and having eaten a good breakfast, we return to Zagora by camel to continue the excursion (depending on the type of camp, your breakfast and shower might be before the camel ride).
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Ouarzazate, Ouarzazate, Souss-Massa
Once again we pass through the Draâ Valley and Agdez to arrive at Ouarzazate, where we will visit the Taourit Kasbah.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.