Zagorje and Croatian Castles Full Day Historic Tour from Zagreb
Historic Zagorje gastro tour is a private day tour with tour guide, lunch, transportation in executive vehicles with A/C.
You will be picked up in front of your hotel or previously arranged meeting point in Zagreb. Then head towards to the west to see Trakoščan castle the best preserved castle in Croatia wit it's permanent exhibition.After Trakoščan you will go to another castle of Zagorje named Veliki Tabor. Then continue ethno village of Kumrovec where the ex Yugoslav president Tito was born and raised. After Kumrovec we will have lunch in a local tavern, famous for it's great and authentic Croatian dishes.
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Trakoscan Castle (Dvor Trakoscan)
- Entry/Admission - Dvor Veliki Tabor
What's excluded :
- Explore the historic castle of Trakošćan which was built in the late 13th century, named after the Thracian fortress which allegedly existed in antiquity. In 1954 the museum was established with a permanent exhibition. On the way to the ethno village of Kumrovec founded in 1954 – the birthplace of Marshal Josip Broz Tito you will visit The fort of Veliki Tabor, one of the most important cultural and historical monuments of secular architecture in continental Croatia, with a unique monumental and authentic fortification structure. The fort is also famous for it's legends about Veronika of Desinić. After travelling through time and historic sites, the tour ends at the famous restaurant Villa "Ventek-Zelenjak", opened way back in 1936. Here, you will enjoy the best of Zagorje specialties and enjoy this peaceful location near the Sutla River. For lunch you will enjoy their specialty "Zelenjak platter", or vegetarian dishes made of fresh and local ingredients.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Zagreb
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Your hotel in Zagreb
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.