Zagreb Private City Walking Tour
Despite being a Central European city in geography, culture and baroque architecture, in many ways, Zagreb has a Mediterranean way of life. Thanks to its many influences, the city has a special charm and hospitable feel generated by its openhearted people.
On this private walking tour you will get the opportunity to learn about the culture, history, tradition and curiosities of the day to day life in Zagreb. During 2 hours you will walk you through both the Upper and Lower Town and visit Zagreb's most important monuments and places of interest.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private walking tour
- Local guide
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Funicular Railway
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- You will meet your friendly guide in the city center. At the beginning of the tour you will pass by the cathedral, the highest religious building in the city and perhaps the most recognizable of all. After a thorough tour of the Cathedral interior, proceed by visiting the lively open market of Dolac. Your guide will provide you with some insight about the local cuisine as all the fresh or homemade ingredients are being sold on this market every day, so don't hesitate to ask for tips what would be the best gift for your loved ones back home.
Next stop is Tkalčićeva Street, the busiest street of the city center and the focal point of its nightlife. This narrow street today is filled with trendy bars, clubs and restaurants, but in the past in its place there was a creek, dividing the twin cities of Kaptol and Gradec, Zagreb's predecessors.
The walking tour then takes you through the Blood Stained Bridge, Radićeva street and the Stone Gate as you climb your way up to the Upper Town - Gradec. Among the points of interest located there are the Jesuit baroque church of St Catherine, St Mark’s Church with its distinctive colorful roof, the seats of Croatian Parliament and Government, the City Hall and various museums.
After that, your next stop is the Lotrščak Tower, known for its cannon which goes off at noon every day to mark the exact time. This is also a great spot for a panoramic view of Zagreb and your next selfie. From there take a stroll on the beautiful Strossmayer promenade, the favorite location of the locals for romantic walks and you will take a pleasant ride on the Zagreb funicular, known for being the shortest one in the world (only 66m long) towards the Lower Town.
The last stops on the Zagreb private tour are the Flower Square and the Jelačić Square, named after ban Josip Jelačić, the most prominent figure of Croatia's history. You tour will end with some more interesting stories and curious facts from your insightful guide.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.