Zalipie, painted village, regular group tour from Krakow
A small ancient village in South-Eastern Poland, Zalipie, is definitely one of the country’s top tourist attractions. Not because it has five-stars hotels or massive glass buildings, but on the contrary, due to its small wooden cottages, which are painted in the most vibrant colors. The secluded village of Zalipie is home to a charming tradition. Over a century ago the women of the village began to paint their houses: however, it was not the single, uniform color one might expect from a traditional and conservative society.
Important notice: This tour will be held only if in the group will be at least 2 participants.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- admission tickets
- Entry/Admission - Dom Malarek
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dom Malarek, Zalipie 128 A, Zalipie Poland
Zalipie- colourful village, is famous for the decoration of its houses, with cheerful paintings on the walls and stoves, and crepe-paper flowers, paper-cut designs and hay spiders. This tradition has existed in the Powiśle Dąbrowskie region since the end of the 19th century. Flowers were also painted on external walls of peasant cottages and farm buildings, on fences, wells and even kennels. In Zalipie, there are now around 20 painted houses. The best known example of this original folk artwork is the homestead of Felicia Curyłowa (currently a branch of the District Museum of Tarnów), a Zalipie painter whose painting was already known in the period between the wars. During our tour, you will get to see a number of decorated houses, a museum, and a small shop with unique hand made souvenirs.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your accommodation (hotel, hostel, apartment) in Krakow. Please advise your full hotel name and address at time of booking.THE PICK UP TIME DEPENDS ON THE DAY OF THE TOUR.The exact pick up time we will send you by message.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/31/2020 - 10/25/2021
Tuesday: 08:00 AM - 09:00 AM Thursday: 08:00 AM - 09:00 AM Saturday: 08:00 AM - 09:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.