Zell am See Alpine Village Private Day Trip from Salzburg
Feel as though you've stepped into a fairytale during this 8-hour tour of "Hohe Tauern," the largest national park in the Alps. Set beside a lake, surrounded by mountains, the area is home to some of the most spectacular scenery in Austria — at any time of year. Spend a day away from the typical Salzburg tourist attractions as you explore the Castle of Werfen and the town of Zell am See, located in the heart of the national park.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- WiFi on board
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Cable car to Schmittenhoehe
- Lake cruise
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Erlebnisburg Hohenwerfen, Burgstrasse 2, Werfen 5450 Austria
Meet your professional local guide and driver at your Salzburg hotel and hop on board of your luxury minivan. Afterward, your journey will take you along the Salzach river valley to the village Werfen. Capture a stunning photo of the medieval Castle of Werfen, used in the “Where Eagle’s Dare” movie with Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood. Castle of Werfen is one of the most magnificent mountain fortifications in the Alps.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Werfen, Werfen, Austrian Alps
Werfen was also used in the world-famous movie Sound of Music. Relieve back to your Sound of Music fantasies and experience the Sound of Music location where Maria and the children started singing Do-Re-Mi (picnic meadow).
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Zell am See, Zell am See, Austrian Alps
Next is Zell am See, located right at the lake and surrounded by mountains. You will have 2.5 hours on your own to explore Zell am See, do a boat ride on the lake or explore Zell am See’s local mountain, the “Schmittenhoehe” at an elevation of 6600 feet (own expense).
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Salzburg, Salzburg, Austrian Alps
This 8-hour private tour will conclude at your hotel in Salzburg or any other location in the city of Salzburg.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.