Zica and Studenica Monasteries Private Day Tour from Belgrade
This one-day tour is related to religion as well as to medieval painting and architecture. It will be informative and curious no matter if you are an Orthodox believer or not. The tour is about visiting two very important endowments from Serbian medieval history-Studenica and Zica monasteries. Beside that you will enjoy some fascinating natural landscapes of Sumadija region along the 2-hour way from Belgrade.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Driver/guide service
- Bottled water
- Pickup and drop-off
- Single-use surgical face mask if you don't have your own
What's excluded :
- Lunch ~ 10€ per person at Kod Mira restaurant
- Entrance fee for Žiča monastery - 2€ per person
- Personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Zica Monastery
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zica Monastery, Kraljevo 36221 Serbia
Your guide will pick you up in the morning from your place of stay in Belgrade and we will head to Zica, our first stop. Zica monastery recognizable with its beautiful red facade. This place used to be extremely important in medieval Serbia since the monastery became the center of Serbian Orthodox Church after it had got autonomy in the XIII century. Besides, here for the first time in Serbian history the king was crowned and later it became a tradition for Serbian kings to be crowned just in Zica monastery.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Studenica Monastery, Serbia
Following river Ibar through beautiful landscapes we reach our next stop – Studenica monastery. This great and glorious place will certainly impress everyone, believer or atheist, Christian or not. Enjoying the calmness of Studenica we will admire the astonishing interior of the main Holy Virgin church, which presents probably the nicest masterpiece of medieval fresco art from the XII and later centuries.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Restoran nacionalne kuhinje "Kafana Kod Mira" od 1826. godine., Bogutovac 22, Bogutovac 36341, Serbia
Having finished with the main part of our route we slowly start our return to Belgrade, during which we will stop by to a local village to have lunch in an authentic restaurant “Kod Mira”. This place exists for more than 200 years and over all that time is owned by the same family – that is the best verification of the quality of their food.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If you want to be picked up from other location which isn't listed (airbnb or an apartment) please specify.We can also pick you up from Belgrade port where cruiser boats dock.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Coronavirus measures expected from the travelers side: 1) Travelers are expected to wear face cover in vehicles/closed space and to maintain social distancing rules on sites. 2) If you develop any respiratory infection symptoms before, during or after the tour, please let us know
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.