Zip Lining & Waterfall Hike in the Catskills Mountain, NY- 2-Day Trip
This zip line is the highest, fastest, longest in North America! It’s also the second largest in the world! The zip lines soar 600 feet (.183 km) above the ground for over 4 miles (over 6 km) and reach speeds of up to 50 MPH (80 KPH)!
The waterfall is the highest cascading in New York State! It drops in two tiers and over 260 feet! It's also 90 feet higher than Niagara Falls!
You don't want to miss this trip! You only live once!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- 1 night local hotel accommodations
- Detailed trip itinerary with instructions, confirmation numbers and extra recommendations.
- Zip lining (and equipment), Guides, safety briefing, etc.
- Access to Waterfall hike & viewing platform
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Hunter Mountain Resort
What's excluded :
- Food and Drinks
- Hiking Guide (the hike to the waterfalls is self guided). Detailed instructions are provided.
Day 1: Zip lining, check-in to your hotel and enjoy the town!
Stop At: Hunter Mountain Resort, 64 Klein Ave, Hunter, NY 12442, USA
About Zip Lining- The New York Zipline Adventure Tour at Hunter Mountain is the highest, fastest, and longest zip line canopy tour in North America! It’s also the second largest zip line in the world! Designed to challenge and exhilarate, you’ll love this activity and make all your friends want to hear your stories! The Sky Rider Tour soars 600 feet (.183 km) above the ground with crisscrossing twin zip lines! Soar for over 4 miles (over 6 km) through the Catskills, from mountain peak to mountain peak and back again, reaching speeds of up to 50 miles per hour (80 KPH). The Sky Rider Tour lasts 3 hours. Each participant is attached to the course by a safe and secure harness and receives a safety course prior to zipping away!
* for zip lining and hiking- closed toe sneakers/gym shoes ARE REQUIRED. Also, it's highly recommended for the zip line that you don't wear short shorts. You want them to come past where the harness straps sit so the straps are not rubbing on your skin.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Hunter, Hunter, Catskill Region, New York
Situated 2 1/2 hours north of New York City and 1 hour from Albany is Hunter Mountain and Tannersville! The highest peaks of the Catskill Mountains offer outdoor recreation and the chance to reconnect with nature, each other and yourself! Base elevation is at 1,600 feet (.48 km) and the summit reaches up to 3,200 feet (.97 km). You will love it here! Enjoy the mountain and enjoy walking the quaint town.
Duration: 2 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Your luxurious resort offers a stay in nature with an outdoor heated pool, hot tubs, game room, spa, gym & restaurant.
Day 2: Hike to the Waterfalls Day!
Stop At: Kaaterskill Falls, North Lake Road, Haines Falls, NY
Perhaps the crowning jewel of the Northern Catskill Mountains is the highest cascading waterfall in New York State! This waterfall drops in two tiers & over 260 feet! The Kaaterskill Falls have been one of the region's most popular destinations for centuries. It's 90 feet higher than Niagara Falls! The Kaaterskill Falls have captivated the hearts, pens and paintbrushes of poets, painters, filmmakers and photographers. It has become part of a larger, artistic folklore spreading from the Catskills to the rest of the world.
The top viewing platform is only a 1/2 mile (.8km) easy hike. From there, you have options of hiking alongside this beauty to add as many miles/difficulty as you want! Seeing the falls from the bottom is breathtaking! All hiking levels are welcome, however remember the further you walk down, the further you have to hike back.
For those wishing to relax a bit more, feel free to enjoy the hotel amenities (pool, spa, hot tub), as well as checking out the local town.
Duration: 3 hours
No meals included on this day.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :64 Klein Ave, Hunter, NY 12442, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
All guests will meet at the starting point. However, for an additional Driver (plus gratuity) fee we will pick up guests from their desired location. Airports
- John F. Kennedy International Airport, Queens, NY 11430, USA
- LaGuardia Airport, East Elmhurst, NY 11371
- New York Stewart International Airport, 1180 1st St, New Windsor, NY 12553, USA
- Albany Intl Airport, Albany Shaker Rd, Colonie, NY
- Newark Liberty Intl Airport, 3 Brewster Rd, Newark, NJ 07114
- Bradley Intl Airport, Schoephoester Rd, Windsor Locks, CT 06096
- Westchester County Airport, 240 Airport Rd, White Plains, NY 10604, USA
- Cape Liberty Cruise Port, 4 Port Terminal Blvd, Bayonne, NJ 07002, USA
- River Rose Cruises, 70 Front St, Newburgh, NY 12550, USA
- Poughkeepsie Station Parking, 41 Main St, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601, USA
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1 person- private room 11/2/2020 - 11/24/2021
Group of 2- Shared room 11/3/2020 - 11/24/2021
Friday - Sunday: 09:30 AM - 01:30 PM Friday - Sunday: 09:30 AM - 01:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Is their different hiking levels to the waterfall (easy, moderate, hard)? YES
- Is their a weight & height requirement? YES (must be between 110LBS-260LBS & no taller than 6ft 5in)
- Is their anything I need to wear? YES (closed toe shoes/sneakers are required & it's highly recommended to not wear short shorts)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Participants must be between 110LBS-260LBS and no taller than 6ft 5in to zip line
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.