Zipaquira and Salt Cathedral
Enjoy an incredible journey to colombia's pre-hispanic past visiting Zipaquira and its marvellous Cathedral made of salt, 180 meters below the surface.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Round-trip private transfer
- Professional guide from our Agency
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- A staff member from the company will meet you at the hotel, either in the morning or the afternoon, to take you on a tour through La Sabana de Bogota to the town of Zipaquira, which name means 'city of our Father' in the language of the Chibcha. Back in pre-Columbian times, salt around the area was the most important commodity and the "salt cakes" were the only currency for trading. Over time, technology improved and the muiscas began to extract larger amounts of salt. As a result, an underground salt deposit was formed and it is where the Salt Cathedral was built, 180 meters below the surface. Inside, there is a chapel, "capilla de los mineros" built as a tribute to the Virgin "Our Lady of the Rosary of Guasa" (Guasa means 'mine' in Chibcha). At the end, return to Bogotá.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour is not recommended for persons with movility restrictions.
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required with addicional fee.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.