Zipline and Hiking Adventure Tour in Vík
A zipline ride is a great adventure for all those who love the thrill of doing something challenging but at the same time very safe. The tour starts with a mere 3-minute car ride to the starting point which overlooks one of Iceland's major glacier, Mýrdalsjökull. From there it's a mix of moderate hiking in breathtaking Icelandic landscape through a river canyon named Grafargil. We walk on uneven ground and the ziplines that we've placed on unique places above waterfalls and rivers. We have two ziplines, 240 meters and 140 meters long and in between we have a little adventures, one which we've named The Leap of Faith. In the end, we normally have a very enjoyable walk back to the starting point by the old highway nr.1 While you are whizzing down the ziplines don't forget to look around and below you, because the scenery around you is incredibly beautiful and you will have the birds-eye view of it.
per adult from
90 to 120 minutes
What's included :
- Use of helmet
- Harness and security equipment
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Zipline Iceland
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Entry/Admission - Icelandic Lava Show
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Soup Company, Víkurbraut 5, Vík, Iceland
This is our Meeting Point. You can settle in at this beautiful restaurant / Café and wait for your guides to arrive. If you arrive early, they have heartwarming soups and delicious coffee and cakes. Feel free to use the bathrooms here and log into Wi-Fi until it's time to go ziplining.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Zipline Iceland, Víkurbraut 5, 870 Vík, Iceland
After we get dressed up in the zipline harnesses and safety equipment, we drive on to the starting point of our zipline track (about 3-5 minute drive). From the starting point we hike and zip all the way down to the hostel again.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Icelandic Lava Show, Vikurbraut 5, Vik 870 Iceland
Located at the same building with us and the Soup Company. This is by far the hottest show in town, the country or even the world. Quite a unique experience, where you see real hot lava flow poured over ice to create a feast for all the senses. Not to be missed, make sure to book in advanced.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Zipline Iceland, Víkurbraut 5, 870 Vík, Iceland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Most of the experience is outdoors without anyone else than the guests booked on the tour participating. At the moment there are no regulations about facemask when outside so that's optional to our guests. We do however ask our guests to make sure they are at least 1 meter away from other guests.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.